Sea Me Read
Join us on an ocean adventure and meet a lonely shark who loves to smile. Read along as we help him save the day and find some friends.
Objectives: Students will learn about shark diversity and the characteristics of sharks. Students will also use literacy and reading comprehension skills. Finally, students will learn why sharks are threatened and what they can do to help conserve them.
- Prior Knowledge (3 minutes)
- The Story of Smiley Shark (7 minutes)
- Fishy Thoughts (reading comprehension) (4 minute)
- Smiley Shark’s photo album (shark diversity) (3 minute)
- What you can do to help (conservation) (3 minute)
- Open Questions and Answers (~5 minutes)
Supplemental media featuring Mote research
The following media can be used before or after your live virtual field trip with Mote to enhance the lesson.