Coming up next...
Youth Making Ripples, 10/25, 1:00 PM ET
Film Competition for K-12 students
Meet the Co-Founders and Directors of The Youth Making Ripples Film Competition, Drs. Phil Gravinese and Lauren Toth during a live, interactive video chat. Learn about this important student marine conservation opportunity and how elementary, middle and high school students can submit short films for the competition.
This year’s finalists will be chosen by a panel of scientists and artists. Finalist films will debut to the public at our premiere event on February 8th at Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium. Finalists are eligible to win mini-scholarships and will be invited to join us on our annual shark tagging expedition. In addition to these prizes, finalists’ films will be featured on our website and will have an opportunity to debut their films to international audiences at festivals hosted throughout the year.
- Format: Livestream via Zoom
- Age (Grade): 8-9 (3rd), 9-10 (4th), 10-11, (5th), 11-12 (6th), 12-13 (7th), 13-14 (8th), 14-15 (9th), 15-16 (10th), 16-17 (11th), 17-18 (12th)
- Duration: 50 mins
- Fee: FREE
- Keywords: conservation
Basic Recommended Technology for Livestreams
- Computer or videoconference system running Zoom. Learn more about Zoom.
- Large screen TV or projector. Since this is a a two-way video connection, we recommend using a large, bright TV screen over a projector when possible.
- Webcam or video camcorder. Most laptops have a built in webcam. This can be difficult to position. A better choice is a removable webcam that can be position and focused independently.
- USB Speaker/microphone. A high quality USB speaker/microphone with echo-cancellation will eliminate feedback.
- High-speed internet connection. Wired ethernet preferred. Wireless not recommended.
SeaTrek.TV offers a number of free livestreaming events throughout the year.
Events we are planning for 2018-2019
- 25 July - Shark Days
- 10 August - Red Tide Forum
- 16 October - PEC Fall Back into Distance Learning Festival
- 25 October - Youth Making Ripples
- November - Manatee Awareness Month
- December - Youth Ocean Conservation Summit
- 1 February - World Read Aloud Day
- 22 March - World Water Day
- 13 April - World Dolphin Day
- 23 April - Earthcast
- May - TBA
- June - World Oceans Day